• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Chafing/sweat burns after Running??!!

k_21

I've been running in the morning straight after I wake
for 20min's (except this morning!!! :p).

Anyway, on Monday after my run I realised that inside
of my legs were sore as hell (just below the groin). Was
wondering what the hell it was and realised that I have
sweat burns/ chafing!! DOH.

Has anyone experienced this and good cream/antiseptic
that I can use to increase rate of healing?? Or is to just
leave it be? :confused:

Finding it hard to even walk properly without looking like a
duck!! lol

thanks
Devante.

Vaseline before and after the run helps. Feels a bit funny at first, kind of kinky, but you get used to it.

Helps if you wear boxers rather than undies, too.

i found boxers made it much worse caused too much friction , there are creams and ointments that you use can't remember any name at the moment but head on down to your local chemist

get some compression shorts something like bike shorts without the padding

Gents,

It definitely does feel weird & kinky ... lol!!

I did go the chemist and got a cream last night. Will
test it out today at the gym.

I'm just worried that the skin may come off... :confused: if I
keep running. Then I'd have to sit with my legs 1 foot
a part at work...:eek:

Thanks.

I found running in boxers cured me.

If it wasn't for those heavy ass squats my legs wouldnt be chaffing in the first place. :p

get some running skins (kinda like short tights) lol found they got rid of my problem, and it wont wear off like vaso or any other creams might... my 2 cents.

get some running skins (kinda like short tights) lol found they got rid of my problem, and it wont wear off like vaso or any other creams might... my 2 cents.

Agreed, you can pick some up from Target if you don't want to spend to money on your big name brands like nike, adidas etc

or atleast go to some outlet stores for brand names, picked up some adidas and new balance ones for about 20 buks each, i think 25 for the long leg version... great things tho :eek:

As above, try to eliminate the cause with different shorts to stop the material abrading with your skin, then try short-term barriers such as Vaseline or even cycling chamois cream.

Prantal powder is also good for chafing -- used to be sold to heal amputation stumps until marketing people got involved! About $15 a plastic squeeze bottle from the chemist, but I use it for chafing, sweat rash, waxing rash, almost anything when the skin is pissed off about something and everything has healed quickly.