• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Max

PTC

I was asked in another thread about what Max's plans were. At the time I didnt know. He is not playing competetive sport this year for the first time since he was 6, thats 11 years straight, actually he is playing domestic ball with my team on Sundays, but thats it, a 40 minute commitment per week.

Armando was lifting at PTC again today, he is training 4 days a week. I've mentioned before he is a former international Olympic lifter, having finished second a couple of times in international competition, once to the great Kakhi Kakhiasvili .

Anyway, this guy knows his stuff.

He mentioned that while at school, he competed at the Schoolboy championships(Private schools) he C&J 85kg and entered his first comp at 19 and C&J 110kg at 74kg.

Max has C&J 105kg and has a year of school left, he is 17. Armando said that Max could C&J 120kg in a couple of months, and win the Australian schoolboy champs if he wanted to.

Armando mentioned that Max is 2 years ahead of where he was and believes Max could do extremely well at Olympic lifting, on an International scale. He actually said Max had the most potential of any kid he has seen in a long long time.

In Max's favour is he has no formal training, and could compete very well in his own age and weight class right now.

He asked Max if he was interested, and Max said yes.

So it looks like Max will be going to Pheonix at least once or twice a week, and training every other day with Armando at PTC, starting Monday.

Robert Kabbas is the coach at Pheonix and he lifted with Armando, Armando rates him very highly.

Its going to be an interesting year, I'm really excited to see where he is at in a year. I thought he was too old to start, but like Armando pointed out, Max is making Armando's lifts 2 years earlier than he did, and he went okay.

As a side note, Armando is in his late 40's and has just started the Olympic lifts again. Today he C&J 110kg easily, snatched 85kg for a stack of singles and squatted 150kg for a few singles. His all time best lifts are around 190-200kg C&J, a 145kg snatch and a 250kg deadlift, weighing in the low to mid 80's. He is very patient, he couldve done much more than this today, but he is a very wise man.

I am sure Max will do very well, Marcos you should be proud, not just of your sons efforts but also in the knowledge that your guidence has gotten him to were he is!

Congrates to you both, and best of luck!

Max and Armando trained for 2 1/2 hours in 44 degree heat tonight

front squat/snatches/clean & jerk/ clean pull/ behind the head jerk/ back squat

Worked up to multiple sets of singles and doubles.

Max found sitting in the bottom of a snatch for 10 seconds the hardest

They didnt approach any maximum effort weights for either lifter.

Max seemed to really enjoy it

I'm excited that his lifting has direction, but he hasnt achieved anything yet.

Its a very tough road to succeed at anything in life, let alone Olympic lifting

He's one session in to this stuff. There is a comp in March that I'd like him to lift in.

He should be able to get a qualifying total for the Nationals in the 77kg class.

If thats successfull, next step is the Junior Nationals in July in Ipswich QLD.

I am keen to watch the lifting if you come up to Qld. Please keep us informed. How much does Max weigh at the moment.