• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Nick mucks up his 140kg squat

PTC

Nick is the strongest lifter at PTC and the reigning Strongman champ, but even he f u c k s up sometimes.

He started at PTC around 23 months ago, weighing 91kg, benching 105kg and squatting 140kg.

He is now 109kg and totals 855kg, you'd reckon he would get this right.

Check it out

YouTube - PTCFrankston's Channel

those squats are definitely all wrong. :)

good to see someone who started out around the same weight as me

I actually started at 78kg back in 2007. I'd been training for about a year before I started with Markos.

Last edited:
I talk a lot about hard training, and sometimes you guys may think I'm exagerrating. This is what Nick did last night.

He started with "ladder" deadlifts. I loaded a bar to 180kg and he and Kelly climbed the ladder. First Nick did 1 rep, then Kelly did 1, then Nick did 2 and so on. The idea was to see how high they'd get.

I've seen guys complain on here that 5x5 on deadlifts is way too much, and Stronglifts says do 1x5.

Nick went all the way to 10, thats 55 reps with 180kg. That was only the start. He then did jerks behind the head.

80kg
100kg
110kg
120kg
130kg
140kg

Next he moved to the bench press. He worked up to a single with 140kg. Think about that next time you complain about doing BP after MP, he had already put 140kg overhead.

Next he did good mornings, working to work sets with 100kg.

Strong is strong.

This is the reason that the lifters at PTC lift so much more than the guys following an antiquated system designed by a Strength coach for school kids being supervised by teachers.

Its hard to define hard training, but I know it when I see it, and I seen it last night

Started in March 2007 weighing 78kg, weak as all fark. Mucked around doing heaps of rubbish isolation and cable stuff, squatted maybe once a fortnight and never deadlifted.

Started with Markos in March 2008 weighing 92kg, decent size but still very little strength due to incorrect training. Started only compound movements 4-5 times a week and serious eating since then.

So all up just under 3 years. Totally drug free.

Fantastic to watch. Would be great to see followed immediately by an overhead squat. Next vid perhaps!!!!

Cheers,

Aaron.