PDA

View Full Version : The iPhone app thread

PowerBuilder
04-01-2010, 09:19 PM
For those of you who have an iPhone or regular iPod (touch), what applications have you got? Which ones do you actually use & what problems have you had with a certain application ?

I'll start the account i have...

tabata training
Sudoku
facebook
Runway (where you land planes that need petrol.....it's stupid...but free)
Paper toss (you throw a paper ball into a rubbish bin...not tooo bad, also free)
Backgrounds
Shotgun
Cybertoy (transfromers game)
Fart for free (amusing....yeah ok...coool!)
Family Guy
Air Hockey
iPark it
iWeapons
LineUp
MonkeyKick
Shoter Lite
Pow
R.Racing GI
FakeCaller
iRelax
iHandy (a spirit guide)
OCean Waves
Gym1RM
Action 10 pin bowling
Would you rather
Truth or dare
Unblock Me

Shrek
05-01-2010, 08:32 PM
I want one. :(

PowerBuilder
05-01-2010, 09:15 PM
It's a fantastic piece of technology...pity the battery life sucks, with using the applications & going online & stuff

Shrek
05-01-2010, 09:22 PM
My problem is that my company provides and pays for my mobile phone so I take whatever they give me and it's not an iPhone.

BiggerFaster
05-01-2010, 10:46 PM
2 apps that are a great FML and MLIA
Always good for a laugh
Oh and sex facts
All FREE

TrentZor
06-01-2010, 11:34 AM
lol tell me u didnt buy those apps? :p

Just jailbreak it and get it free.. takes 5min to jailbreak it 90% of people do this otherwise the phones a brick.. heck cant even change your background..

ive had over 100 of these apps on the phone but it slowed it (iphone) down too much..

http://appulo.us/appdb/index.php

Morgan
08-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Just jailbreak it and get it free.. takes 5min to jailbreak itWhat happens if you have a problem with the phone? Surely Apple wouldn't touch it?

TrentZor
08-01-2010, 02:56 PM
What happens if you have a problem with the phone? Surely Apple wouldn't touch it?

yeah apple wont assist you on this if they found out if you played around with the software.

But generally i have broken 10+ of these and if a problem does occur you can always return it back to factory settings and start again.

Its kind of like installing a new software on your PC. If it breaks u can uninstall it and reinstall it IF you still have the original CD/media to install it again (in this case a backup - Usually itunes software backs up your phones settings anywayz)

Shrek
27-04-2011, 10:35 PM
lol tell me u didnt buy those apps? :p

Just jailbreak it and get it free.. takes 5min to jailbreak it 90% of people do this otherwise the phones a brick.. heck cant even change your background..

ive had over 100 of these apps on the phone but it slowed it (iphone) down too much..

http://appulo.us/appdb/index.phpI got an iPhone last week.

what is this Jailbreak you speak of. I want apps and I want them now.

ehehehehehehe

sookie
28-04-2011, 11:10 AM
I am quite fancinated with sleep cycle

TheGiftToLift
29-04-2011, 03:39 PM
apps i use most:
shazam
footy live
whatsapp
oz weather
tripview
tunein radio
mensa brain test
remote
scramble

Shrek
19-07-2011, 11:35 PM
if you want to create ringtones download APP "Dring" very simple.
It creates ringtones with songs stored on iPod.

I got it for free with no ads.

Goosey
20-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Metro view a good gps.
Good reader, excellent with iPad

broncs
20-07-2011, 10:42 PM
I got an iPhone last week.

what is this Jailbreak you speak of. I want apps and I want them now.

ehehehehehehe

Just select your device,firmware and follow the guide :) (http://www.iclarified.com/jailbreak/)

Shrek
20-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Ive heard about the "jailbreak". Is it safe and legal?

TheGiftToLift
26-07-2011, 03:32 PM
No Shrek, its not legal. It voids your warranty.

JDMR2
26-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Don't be stingy. Pay the $1 or whatever most apps cost and support the developers that create them.

DKD
26-07-2011, 05:35 PM
A very good app I got recently is called "My Photos". It lets you separate any sensitive/personal photos from the normal default photos app. It's password protected so kids, friends etc can't accidentally view a photo you'd rather keep private.

Shrek
26-07-2011, 07:39 PM
No Shrek, its not legal. It voids your warranty.Since it a work phone I can't risk it if something happens.

Don't be stingy. Pay the $1 or whatever most apps cost and support the developers that create them.I get 99% for free anyway.
I use a pan App called "AppZap" which tells you which paid apps are no free.

JDMR2
27-07-2011, 11:47 AM
A very good app I got recently is called "My Photos". It lets you separate any sensitive/personal photos from the normal default photos app. It's password protected so kids, friends etc can't accidentally view a photo you'd rather keep private.

That would be so good for keeping all the nude photos that girls send me.
It sucks when I'm scrolling through to find a particular photo and one of my friends catches a glimpse of some boobs :p

walt
01-09-2011, 10:59 PM
bump. Got one for free called fitness log, its a good tracker. Got heaps of games for off friends. But i want one that is a calorie tracker and is free? any suggestions?

walt
01-09-2011, 11:01 PM
and does anyone know how to create folders? I want all my games in folders.

Shrek
01-09-2011, 11:05 PM
LOL, easy, just drag them into each other and it creates folder automatically.

walt
01-09-2011, 11:16 PM
LOL, easy, just drag them into each other and it creates folder automatically.

thanks, im still an iphone nub

JessieBurton
05-09-2011, 09:33 PM
I love line birds, its so lame but I can't stop playing it. Oh and have you tried "Rage HD?" No? Try IT! Its free and fun. (Wow I sound like I'm advertising it.) Its short though. Other than that I hardly use any of my apps.

machine75
08-09-2011, 11:29 AM
I find Dropbox is very handy on the iPhone and iPad as transferring documents to these gadgets is a bit of a pain atm.

Playing the game 'Tiny Towers'...such a simple little game, but completely addictive!

nobullsupplements
10-09-2011, 07:25 PM
If you guys want a top appl that identifies the calorie of everything you can think of, from eggs, to a protein shake, to a bowl of oats, to a piece of chicken breast etc. etc., then I strongly recommend you download MyFitnessPal.

Probably the only application I haven't been sick of using after a few days.

littlebloke
21-09-2011, 11:26 AM
If you guys want a top appl that identifies the calorie of everything you can think of, from eggs, to a protein shake, to a bowl of oats, to a piece of chicken breast etc. etc., then I strongly recommend you download MyFitnessPal.

Probably the only application I haven't been sick of using after a few days.

I use this one as well. The coolest thing is if you have an iphone 4, you can use it to scan the barcodes of the products you eat, and it automatically adds all the nutritional info for the product.

So, using myfitnesspal, I scanned the barcode of my oats box, add the serving size and it adds all the details of the oats to my daily consumption.

Gunner
21-09-2011, 04:52 PM
I dont usually play games on it but Zombie Highway is what i'm playing at the moment.

Others I used in the last week are:
MilGPS
GPS Lite
Commander Compass
Baseplate
UltimateGPS
Global Navigation
RWC2011
Army Fitness
Army News

brendon
21-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Jetpack game of the week for me

DKD
21-09-2011, 09:08 PM
I use this one as well. The coolest thing is if you have an iphone 4, you can use it to scan the barcodes of the products you eat, and it automatically adds all the nutritional info for the product.

So, using myfitnesspal, I scanned the barcode of my oats box, add the serving size and it adds all the details of the oats to my daily consumption.

Bloody hell, that's an impressive feature.

nobullsupplements
21-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Amazing how far we've gone with technology.

Shrek
04-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Get Big Biceps: The 10 Best Excercises :D:D:rolleyes:

rushjohn
04-10-2011, 10:44 PM
how to do 100 pushups :D

neophyte
10-10-2011, 06:24 PM
gotta have me some tiny birds

Kingburger
10-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Calorie king is a fav, oz radar, tiny wings and istunt snowboard. Just finished get running c25k. Also tapatalk for this forum.

Persistenttiger
11-10-2011, 12:01 AM
My fitness pal is fab. Ifitness is good for logging weight training. Runkeeper for running. Femcal for tracking menstrual cycle, haha.

Gilly
16-11-2011, 02:02 PM
gymboss

interval timer, has a few HIIT timers in their and tabata. can make your own, good for rest periods if you sit around for ages with no music then wonder why your workouts take so fkn long.

zan777
16-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Tapatalk. Forum browsing mobile style (ausbb on the train ftw)

The interface makes it so easy to browse the forums u use, and make posts etc. I'm even writing this from my iPhone as we speak

Shrek
19-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Google Chrome

Way better than Safari for browsing. - Love it esp the tabbed browsing.

FREE.

wingman
19-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Wow you can get chrome on an ipad?
If only you could avoid itunes installing on ya PC, i'd buy one.

GUZZLA
19-08-2012, 02:29 PM
As suggested by others here, already, I've got the following iPhone apps and rate them highly...

GAMES
Zombi Highyway -free or paid versions (just pay the 99c and be done with it)
Jetpack - free
Paper Toss - free

FITNESS
Seconds - free (really good interval timer with music selection)

adamklam
19-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Interval timer - gymboss :) its free!

Shrek
18-04-2013, 01:17 AM
Downloaded the latest "Whereis" app which now has a built in navigator with celebrity voices lol.

No need for a Tom Tom anymore or paying for the latest maps. Fucken great. And it's free for us tight arses
:eek:

Neddysmith
18-04-2013, 09:15 AM
The chive is a must have app on the phone for those who just want to Chive on....

Legion
23-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Evasi0n jailbreak
Cydia - Make sure you save your blobs.
Bars - improved signal strength meter
Five Icon Dock
Five-Column SpringBoard
Manual Correct - changes behavior of the auto correct
NewsstandBeGone
NoNewsisGoodNews
Software update Killer - disable software update
Suave HD - Looking good
Tab+ - More tabs for Safari
User Agent Faker - when you want a desktop web page

Flashlight
RunKeeper - keeps track of your runs, giving pace and mapping your run. Real good +++
5K Runner - its a couch to 5K program

Darkoz
18-09-2013, 04:11 AM
I really like this

Star Walk - Interactive Astronomy Guide (http://vitotechnology.com/star-walk.html)

Goosey
18-09-2013, 09:36 AM
flight radar 24

live air traffic, it amazing, it finds your location and shows air traffic around you, touch the plane and it describes the type of aircraft, the company, and full details of flight path, origin and destination.

Undercover
18-09-2013, 10:02 AM
flight radar 24

live air traffic, it amazing, it finds your location and shows air traffic around you, touch the plane and it describes the type of aircraft, the company, and full details of flight path, origin and destination.

I hear it's the highest selling app in the middle east.

taurus
18-09-2013, 12:58 PM
FITNESS
Seconds - free (really good interval timer with music selection)

just downloaded this, thanks mayne

Goosey
18-09-2013, 01:16 PM
I hear it's the highest selling app in the middle east.

Insert [rimshot]

Big Mick
18-09-2013, 01:38 PM
If only you could avoid itunes installing on ya PC, i'd buy one.

Would not really bother with a PC either they are always crashing and need updating and get viruses and other problems, none of these issues with my iMac, for the last four years, since removing it from the box it has just worked.

Favourite apps:

HIIT timer
My fitness Pal
Measure converter
iTorch
Vault
are probably my most used ones

Bazza20
18-09-2013, 02:28 PM
My missus wanted a Mac, had it for a couple years. It still crashes, its difficult to use. Lack of compatibility with some programs. If you want a kids toy I suppose they're ok but to do work on I use the pc.

Bradders
18-09-2013, 05:35 PM
My missus wanted a Mac, had it for a couple years. It still crashes, its difficult to use. Lack of comparability with some programs. If you want a kids toy I suppose they're ok but to do work on I use the pc.

Glorified word processor

Big Mick
18-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Just though I point out that an iMac is a PC (Personal Computer).

iamwilso
11-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Bumping this thread up as I've just found a music app called "pandora" it's awesome type in the name of a band or musician and it will randomly start playing one of their songs, the next 3 songs will be from other artists but the same style of music, then it will play the artist you originally selected, so on and so forth....
Great for parties or finding other musicians. It has a free version which is fine, has the occasional add. There's also a paid add free version but I haven't used it. Also available for andriod.

taurus
18-01-2014, 11:51 AM
Bumping this thread up as I've just found a music app called "pandora" it's awesome type in the name of a band or musician and it will randomly start playing one of their songs, the next 3 songs will be from other artists but the same style of music, then it will play the artist you originally selected, so on and so forth....
Great for parties or finding other musicians. It has a free version which is fine, has the occasional add. There's also a paid add free version but I haven't used it. Also available for andriod.

There's also one called fit radio. It's not bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shrek
27-12-2017, 06:53 PM
Apple sued after admitting it slows down aging iPhones
Apple Inc defrauded iPhone users by slowing devices without warning to compensate for poor battery performance, according to eight lawsuits filed in various US federal courts in the week since the company opened up about the year-old software change.

Newshttps://apple.news/AhS6t9nQLS36sjLiWlSqRZQ