• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

girly pushups......don't laugh

A

avagard

ok girls please don't laugh at me, i do girly pushups(with my knees on the ground) instead of regular pushups, is there anything wrong with that??

I do 100 girly pushups a day, can i get the same results as regular pushups?If so how long would it take to see some good results? And how many regular pushups would that be equal to?

Sorry about all these posts, im new here, and i just have so many questions.

By doing the "girly pushups" you aren't getting the full effect from the workout as it changes the centre of gravity of your body making it much easier to do (as you already know),

i guess if you don't have much upper body strength girly pushups are alright, but you should switch over to proper pushups , doesn't matter if you only do 10 pushups to start with , just work your way up , each day add an extra one pushup. It's much better to do 20 real push up then 100 girl pushups, as when your developing intensity is most important

hope this helps

my goal is bigger muscles, but I also wanna be more defined

go with the guy push ups for a few weeks and I garantee your reps will increase, which translates to meaning your muscles are growing... you got to have muscle first before you can get more cut

if you find them too easy to do its best to make them a little harder and move to the standard pushup
arms shoulder width apart lower your body down with your elbows