• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rest Breaks

ah, i was just saying that i'd heard of athletes who focus mostly on oly lifts who take up to 10 minutes rest breaks (since ATP/CP stores fully replenish at about the 10 minute mark).

The question was how the hell do these athletes manage to do a single, double or triple of snatches then rest for 10 minutes without damaging their performance. how do they not 'cool down'? Do they keep moving via a treadmil or something?!

haha, yeah it's gentle walking on the cardio, it makes sense. but then again...if your having 10 minute breaks between sets....and your doing say 15 sets...plus time to change plates & set up for other lifts....it'd be a long work out

haha, yeah it's gentle walking on the cardio, it makes sense. but then again...if your having 10 minute breaks between sets....and your doing say 15 sets...plus time to change plates & set up for other lifts....it'd be a long work out

they probably dont do other lifts. i've read that they do multiple workouts a day. so the morning session might just be a half dozen doubles and singles of the snatch. and i dont think that 10 mins is enforced on every set.

Buy the Ironmind videos...In the training hall....they are filmed during training sessions leading up to World Championships and Olympic Games.

I'm not sure where you get your information from, but Olympic lifters DO NOT WALK DURING REST PERIODS......well not the good ones anyway. They sit in chairs beside the platform.

The term REST PERIOD should alert us all to that.

they also dont time rest periods. Sometimes they need to attempt a max's 2 minutes apart in competition, they train as they compete.