• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Basic Free Weight Guide?

C

chaser

I've spent the weekend searching google for a basic free weight guide , but so far my search has only brought back sites devoted to becoming The Hulk , i then came across this site which by looking around seems ok

can anyone share some simple free weight guides/programs? Or some advice on where to begin as well as what sort of weight i should be look at?

from my understanding from what i have read so far am i right in saying that a free weight exercise would be slightly more demanding compared to a machine based one?

Free weight exercises use balancing muscles. Because amchines exercise are always in a set motion, the muscles you use for balancing, say the bar bell in a bench press aren't used. So by using free weights, you're using the muscles you're training, as well as the secondary muscles that help you balance the bar.

you don't have to worry you're not going to turn into the hulk overnight , takes time and effort to get to that stage

You have to eat a more food a clean diet to get big AND stay very disciplined to your lifting. if you take the more casual approch to working out you'll look a bit bigger, fitter, healthier,more energy, and generally just feel better

which isn't really a bad thing , so in closing , you don't need to worry about turning into the hulk

If you eat a good diet, you will get stronger and lose fat. Weight training is best methods to losing fat. From my experience, much better than traditional cardio for actual fat loss (although I still like to do cardio)