• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

possible rotator cuff injury?

sookie

Hi guys!

A injury occured about 2 weeks ago.

Im not sure exactly where I received the injury from but here goes.
18th December
6am Gym
Bench press
3 other chest workout machines.

Few days later, I woke up to slight pain coming from my left shoulder. I cant really describe it as I suck at these sort of things. The pain increased when I raised my left arm to reach for the steering wheel. With my arm straight, I could easily move left arm a tad under shoulder height but from then on. It was painful. The next morning the pain is still there. So i went to the dr. The dr reccommended Ibuprofen and rest. No heavy lifting or strenous activities.

Few days later the pain has settled, I am able to move my left arm freely but there is still abit of pain coming from the joint. Enough to keep me up at nights.

Today the pain is still there and for some reason my fingers feel different...
I feel like im missing out on the gym world and has been super duper keen on the beginners program :(

Ive researched some stretching excerises on youtube and will be using them from now on wards.

Confused and dont know what to do. I might visit my dr again or seek a second opinon? can anyone reccommend a sports dr or someone who is experienced these sorts of diagnosis? I am located in Runcorn QLD.

PS. Is it possible that push ups, chin ups will aggrovate the injury?

Doctors focus on preventing further injury, so usually advise rest and drugs to deal with the pain. Physios focus on improving or maintaining function, so give a bit more detailed advice. Try a physio, especially a sports physio. Until you see them, do nothing that causes you pain, continue following your doctor's advice.

Here is a google for "sports physio runcorn queensland".

I just got back from the physio. After some examination, he believes the problem lies within acromioclavicular joint. At the moment my shoulder is taped up. I have 3 sessions during the next 2 weeks and some exercises to follow.

Will keep you guys updated on the situations.

Thanks for your support Kyle

hmm. Good question,

Something along the lines of ac joint being stretched which is causing my shoulder to slant.

One examinations consisted of my raising my left arm.
On one test, he held my shoulder up as I raised my arm. The pain was minimal.

I will need to be very careful once im given the OK for weights as it is quite easily for the injury to return.

What are your thoughts Kyle?

I dunno mate, I'm not a physio ;)

I'm just asking out of - I guess you could call it "professional curiosity." Knowing what sorts of injuries people get, and what sort of treatment there is for it, this can only help me and future clients...

Here is described the AC joint, for others reading who don't know wtf it is :)

hmm. Good question,

Something along the lines of ac joint being stretched which is causing my shoulder to slant.

On your next physiotherapist consult - be sure to ask for an explanation that you clearly understand. After all, for you to be-able to rehabilitate the injury in the Gym (absent from the physiotherapist); you'll need to understand the implications of your injury to ensure it's not aggravated, and continues to regain strength and function.

As for the "AC Joint being stretched"; did the Physio mention which soft tissue structure he / she felt was the problem? (I'd personally assume ligament).

From what i gather, it was a combination of things that lead to my injury. The gym in the morning and the hard day at work.

Yup, the soft tissue was stretched, which lead to pain.

Ive been given the ok to resume gym work. But with light weights at that.
During my time off, ive been instructed to perform some exercises.

Keen to star the beginners program :)