• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Wrist and leg exercise

B

bata

hi i'm bata a 16yo with wrist and legs question, i can't really get access to a gym too often , so was wondering if there was any simple exercises that i could do with dumbell/non equipment exercises to help make my wrists a little bigger ?

onto question 2,what leg exercises could I do to increase thigh size?
and how do i go about increasing my jump height? is repetitive jumping a good way? or perhaps jumping with weights?

Thanks
Bata

for Jumping you will need to do both, keep jumping as you learning the technique it will help you out and Weights will help your power, getting the spring up

your wrists,not much can been done to bulk them up as they are just tendons and bone no muscle., the more you train the bigger your forearms will get so no there isn't a point on working on them alone

Wrist flexion and wrist extension are two lifts that will work all of the muscles in the lower arm.

Wrist flexion:
Grasp a weighted bar bell, palms up with thumbs under the bar. Place hands 4-6 inches apart, sit on a bench and put the backs of your forearms on top of your upper legs. Forearms should be parallel to the floor, lean forward so the angle between the upper and lower arms is 90 degrees or less. Extend the wrists over the knee caps, then pull/curl the bar up as high as possible by bending the wrists, pause for 1-2 seconds, and lower the weight in a controlled manor (4 seconds) back to the start position. Do not jerk or bounce the weight and do 1 or 2 sets of 8-12 reps.

Wrist extensions:
Using dumbbells work one arm at a time. Sit on a bench like described above only place the front/palm side of the forearm down on the upper leg instead of the back of the forearm. Extend the wrist up as far as possible by bending the wrists, pause, and slowly lower the weight like previously described.