• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

deep tissue massages

TrentZor

ive recently been going to get deep tissue massages. The first day the therapists i has so much knots it wasnt funny. I could feel her relocating or flattening out my muscles in the back shoulders legs as they were rolling around. Im doign this once per week now for 20min.

anyone personally done this on a long time basis?

I have read up on all the articles and most are positive with the flow of blood to muscles greatly increasing..

i used to get a good two hour deep muscle session once a month then just a half hour one at different times. so twice a month. i havent done it for a feww months as havent had the spare dollars to do it at the moment so for now i do foam rolling after every session. but when im in a position to do it agian i will. asi found it helped a lot. felt a lot better when was getting it done regularly.

Haven't done it on a long term and regular basis, but for a while I was having my back done over after I hurt it.

How much are you paying for your 20min sessions? Is that enough to do the entire body?

I get it done whenever my back flares up. It makes a huge difference. I should really get it done more often. I pay $40 for an hour through the uni I go to.

shrek - lol no u dirty old man .. shes 60.. and u dont get "proper" massages from those places u mentioning anyway :p (not that i know just heard)

blbarclay - i get shoulder/back/head for that 20min session (20 bux). Dont generally do legs.. The whole body will be around hour for 60 bux from what it says. This might depend on some places.

So its been 4 weeks now and im starting to feel less tension on the lower back and no sharp pains (due to squat injury years past).

Im going to start, i am having itb and glute toruble on my right side its causing knee pain.

hope it helps.

I had one done a few months ago at a physio - not a remedial massage place because of knots all through my back. After sinking the elbow in to them a few times and making me arch my back in pain he gets out the acupuncture needles and hooked them up to some sort of device that ran a light electric current through the needles. He then said "Its gonna hurt more for the next day or two, then it will start to get better." He was right. The two days of extra pain were worth it as it had been aching for weeks, but the pain went soon after.

A remedial massage feels nice and does not cost as much as seeing a physio (unless your in a private health fund that will cover some of the cost) and yes they can help especially with DOMS, but to get rid of knots and loosen up tight sore muscles expect it to be a little more taxing for the wallet and your body.

I miss Thailand. You could get excellent Thai massages for 120 Baht (that's $4 AUD!) Shame they're so expensive in Australia.

Foam rolling works out more economically if you need a cheaper alternative to massages.